The North Now 2014
Since it opened in 1976, the Thunder Bay Art Gallery has maintained its commitment to supporting the work of regional artists, particularly those from Northwestern Ontario. This juried exhibition marks an important milestone in the Gallery’s history. Not only is this the first juried exhibition in over a decade, it also features, for the first time, artists from across the whole of Northern Ontario, expanding the Gallery’s geographical encouragement and representation of artistic production.
The selected works reflect the themes, concepts, and experiences that resonate with those living in Northern Ontario. Over the course of two days the jurors, David Garneau, Carol Podedworny, and Andrea Terry, sat down together to select from the 238 individual works of art submitted by 108 artists, gauging aspects such as a work’s artistic merit(s), uniqueness, innovation, theme, and integrity.
On the whole, the jurors sought to include a broad array of art works so as to revel the extensive and dynamic interpretations of lives lived in the North.
Become a Member
- receive free admission to the Gallery
- subscription to eLINK
- discount on kid’s & adult classes
- 15% discount on most items in The Gallery Store
- free admission to almost 100 Ontario museums and art galleries via OAAG upon presentation of your membership card
- voting privileges at the Thunder Bay Art Gallery Annual General Meeting and other members’ meetings