Award-winning sculptural glass artist Cheryl Wilson-Smith shares her first installation, 21 PILLOWS. This interactive installation features 21 pillows placed on the gallery floor. Cheryl invites visitors to enter the dimly lit gallery, reminiscent of dusk, and pick a glass rock – one from thousands designed and kiln-fired by the artist – to place on the pillows.
This collective shaping of the environment allows us to consider the passage of time and the vulnerability of both humanity and the natural world.
Wilson-Smith lives in Red Lake, on the Canadian Shield surrounded by the boreal forest. Her exhibition is a prescient reminder of how we affect the natural world over time. With every addition, every move, every alteration, what was there before is forever altered.
Become a Member
- receive free admission to the Gallery
- subscription to eLINK
- discount on kid’s & adult classes
- 15% discount on most items in The Gallery Store
- free admission to almost 100 Ontario museums and art galleries via OAAG upon presentation of your membership card
- voting privileges at the Thunder Bay Art Gallery Annual General Meeting and other members’ meetings