Nadya Kwandibens: The Red Chair Sessions
The Red Chair Sessions is an ongoing open-call portraiture series by Anishinaabe (Ojibwe) artist Nadya Kwandibens from the Animakee Wa Zhing #37 First Nation in northwestern Ontario. The series places importance on the acknowledgement and reclamation of Indigenous lands and the revitalization of Indigenous languages. This series ultimately disrupts colonial narratives, centres Indigenous Peoples who have been here since time immemorial, and reminds us that we are all guests on Indigenous land.
Organized by The Muse – Douglas Family Art Centre.
Become a Member
- receive free admission to the Gallery
- subscription to eLINK
- discount on kid’s & adult classes
- 15% discount on most items in The Gallery Store
- free admission to almost 100 Ontario museums and art galleries via OAAG upon presentation of your membership card
- voting privileges at the Thunder Bay Art Gallery Annual General Meeting and other members’ meetings