This Fall we are limiting class sizes to a maximum of 10 kids in order to ensure proper physical distancing of 2 m between desks. Classes may fill up fast, be sure to register soon to avoid disappointment. Before registering your kid please read the important new information below about our COVID-19 policies for or Fall classes.
Important New COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
- During sign in each day participants will be asked a series of screening questions. Please note visitors are required to wear a face mask/covering while in the building.
- Parents are not allowed in the classroom for the safety of participants and staff. After sign in and sign out at the front desk our instructor will meet you at the door to the classroom for drop off and pick up each class.
- Depending on age children may be required to wear a face mask/covering during class. Following the advice of the Thunder Bay Health Unit we are requiring that all children over the age of 8 wear a mask during class. This is also reflective of the decision by the Ontario Government requiring all students of that age group (Grade 4 and up) to wear masks to school.
- Please do not bring your child to class if they are ill, or if you have had close contact with a suspected or known case of COVID-19.
- If your child shows symptoms of illness during class, they will be taken to a safe space away from others and we will contact you to pick them up. The Gallery is required to then follow up with the Thunder Bay District Health Unit.
- Children will be physically distanced during class and seated 6 feet apart. Each child will have their own separate table and will be provided with their own art materials and tools.
- Before and after each class there will be a complete sanitization of all surfaces and tools in the classroom.
- Participants who are unable to abide by these new guidelines (such as physical distancing and the wearing of masks to protect themselves and others) may be removed from class for the safety of themselves and others.
- Due to these uncertain times, the Gallery reserves the right to cancel class at any time to protect the health and safety of students and staff. If the Gallery must cancel class, a refund reflecting the amount of class time missed will be issued.
No refund for cancellation made less than one week prior to the beginning of class unless circumstances warrant particular consideration. All refunds are subject to a 10% administration fee regardless of when cancellation occurs. The Thunder Bay Art Gallery reserves the right to cancel under-registered classes.
Call the Gallery at 577-6427 for more information.