MANDATORY MASKS POLICY
A MASK or FACE COVERING is REQUIRED for all visitors to the Thunder Bay Art Gallery.
- All persons entering or remaining in these premises must wear a mask or face covering that securely covers the nose, mouth, and chin as required by the Medical Officer of Health under the authority of the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act (EMCPA) Ontario Regulations 263/20, 364/20.
* Exemptions include children under two years old, people who cannot wear a mask or face covering for medical reasons, those who require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and others as listed in the organization’s required mask policy. Proof of exemption is not required.
NEW SAFETY MEASURES AND GUIDELINES
New protocols are in place and will be enforced to protect both visitors and staff. These protocols follow government guidelines and include physical distancing, reduced visitor capacity, and hand sanitizing stations. Please familiarize yourself with the following measures prior to your visit.
- Please self-assess and do not visit the Gallery if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival at the Gallery. It is available in the lobby, washrooms and The Gallery Store.
- Everyone visiting the Gallery is required to maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres at all times (with the exception of family/household groups) when in the Gallery.
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning and sanitizing measures have been put in place at the Gallery.
- Please leave backpacks and large purses at home.
- Both staff and visitors are required to wear self-provided masks.
- Masks will be available at the Gallery for a donation.
- Visitors are asked to follow a specific route through the gallery spaces, indicated by floor markers. The markers are 2 metres long to assist patrons with physical distancing.
- A limited number of visitors will be allowed in the individual gallery spaces.
- Washrooms and The Gallery Store will be limited to 2 people at a time.
- The limits will be posted and staff will be monitoring and assisting visitors.
- Touchless payment (i.e. credit and debit cards) is preferred over cash for admission and Gallery Store purchases.
Admission is Pay What You Can (Suggested $5). Your support will help the Thunder Bay Art Gallery during this unprecedented time when revenues have been drastically reduced. Admission is FREE on Wednesdays thanks to the generous support of the John Andrews Foundation but our donation box is always open.
We ask all visitors to be mindful of physical distancing practices and to prepare to wait should visitor numbers exceed building capacity.