Following the news from the Government of Ontario that Museums and Galleries may open under Stage 2 of the province’s reopening plan. We are happy to announce that the Thunder Bay Art Gallery will be opening to the public on Tuesday, JUNE 23 at 12 PM.
We’re so glad to be able to welcome you back and can’t wait to see you (from a distance of two metres)!
To thank ALL Frontline Workers, for their incredible and selfless work during the pandemic, we are offering them FREE admission to the Gallery UNTIL SEPT 1. Frontline Workers are asked to please identify themselves upon arrival for free admission.
New protocols will be in place and will be enforced to protect both visitors and staff. These protocols follow government guidelines and include social distancing, reduced visitor capacity, and hand sanitizing stations. Please familiarize yourself with the following measures prior to your visit.
NEW SAFETY MEASURES AND GUIDELINES
- Please self-assess and do not visit the Gallery if you have symptoms of COVID-19 or if you have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Visitors are required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival at the Gallery. It is available in the lobby, washrooms and The Gallery Store.
- Everyone visiting the Gallery is required to maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres at all times when in the facility.
- Enhanced and more frequent cleaning and sanitizing measures have been put in place at the Gallery.
- Please leave backpacks and large purses at home.
- Both staff and patrons are welcome to wear self-provided masks.
- Visitors are asked to follow a specific route through the gallery spaces, indicated by floor markers. The markers are 2 metres long to assist patrons with social distancing.
- A limited number of visitors will be allowed in the individual gallery spaces.
- Washrooms and The Gallery Store will be limited to 2 people at a time.
- The limits will be posted and staff will be monitoring and assisting visitors.
- Touchless payment (i.e. credit and debit cards) is preferred over cash for admission and Gallery Store purchases.
Admission is Pay What You Can (Suggested $5). Your support will help the Thunder Bay Art Gallery during this unprecedented time when revenues have been drastically reduced. Admission is FREE on Wednesdays thanks to the generous support of the John Andrews Foundation but our donation box is always open.
We ask all visitors to be mindful of social distancing practices and to prepare to wait should visitor numbers exceed building capacity.